Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2012

Stand up for what you believe in!

For the first time today I was able to "Stand and Pray" for 40 Days for Life. This is a program that started with the Catholic Church in College Station, Texas and has now spread across the world. It is peaceful prayer support outside of abortion clinics.  As a result of this program countless lives have been changed, whether it is mothers who do not have to live with the grief of having lost a child, abortion clinic workers who have turned away or the beautiful lives of the little babies saved.  One person in particular who was saved by the fervent prayers of 40 Day for Lifers was Abby Johnson. She was the Director and "Employee of the Year" of Planned Parenthood. She honestly believed that she was helping women by providing them a safe place to receive abortions. Then one day God changed her heart forever. It became extremely clear to her how brutal abortion really is. She was lost and did not know where to turn and walked right into the arms of the sidewalk counselors outside of her clinic. She is now one of the most prominent pro-life speakers. She travels the country speaking out against Planned Parenthood and their money driven tactics. Abby has written a book with her entire conversion story called "Unplanned". She is currently writing her second book that details what goes on behind the closed doors of Planned Parenthood. Check out her website here. She also goes to my church, which I think is pretty cool! I feel like I have a new famous friend. :)

I was quite honestly very scared to go today. I was not sure what would happen. I was not even sure if it would be safe to stand outside the clinic. My mother-in-law went with me. She was so calm and it really seems that God was calling her to this ministry. She was a natural! It made me feel much more at ease to see her so calm and willing to help. I watched and prayed as eight women walked in with their boyfriends and did not return. It broke my heart. I also witnessed the Christian Love that flowed from the trained sidewalk counselor to each and every woman. She would speak to them with such dignity and respect. I cannot say that this was a fun ministry or that I loved it, but I can say it feels good to have helped and I will definitely go back and help again! Please consider volunteering for 40 Days in your area. If you want more information click here. If you are not able to come out and pray remember that you can pray anytime anywhere!

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to use the power of prayer! I'm so inspired by you and Carol. Great job, Megan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megan, I am so glad I found your blog! I love your honesty! I have to admit, my first time out there, I was really nervous too! May Jesus continue to bless you for standing and praying in His name!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nichola! You are such a blessing to the women and unborn babies. I now feel a lot more at ease and actually enjoy going to pray.

      Delete