Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Dad's Corner

So my wife started this blog, and already...I am all over the internet.  I think it is only fair that I introduce myself and my relationship with God.

First of all, I am a proud husband and proud father.  My wife and my family (Mom, Dad, in-laws, sister, etc.) have been pivotal in introducing and guiding me towards a faith-filled life.  Wives...this is the point at which you should be reading and say to yourself..."how did she get him to write a post?"  Well it was easy.  She started this blog two days ago and already has 250+  views.  Now, this tells me that there is an audience out there that is yearning for some evangelizing.  Ok, lets not scare people with that verb.  How about this...there are people out there interested in Christ...furthermore, interested in good ole' Catholic/Christian traditions that may help them with guiding their children.

So why would I write a post?  Well, here is a little bit about me.  I am that type of person that works hard...often physical labor outdoors in Texas (oh the heat!).  I don't believe in going to the doctor until you just can't stand the pain anymore.  I think that you can most times judge someone within the first twenty seconds of meeting them based on how they introduce themselves and how respectful they comply with your introduction.  I think that men should open doors for women and that for the most part...parents these days have become complacent or bored with the idea of raising our children to be respectful.  I have to credit my mom and dad.  Wow what a job!  The respect of others and self they taught me is a lost art (not one that cannot be achieved).  Why go into this???

Because I do not fit the mold of a father or man that should be sensitive to express the importance, or endorse for that matter, the significance of raising your children in a good Catholic environment.  By first sight, I probably would not meet your standards as a "God loving man."  I am pretty rough around the edges.

What I would hope to achieve from this post is this.  MOMS...we husbands, whether we tell you or not, want to embrace your spiritual leadership.  Yes, I am very aware of scripture (forgive my misquoting/paraphrasing)...the man is the spiritual leader.  As this may be true,  we do also like to follow!  Especially when it comes to the "oh so" uncomfortable topics of the Church's teaching.  Just my two cents.  Moms, remember, sometimes we fathers too want to be involved in the spiritual upbringing of our children...sometimes we just don't know how we fit in; what we are comfortable with (i.e. open prayer, praying together, etc.)  I hope and pray for all you mothers out there.  Do not lose sight...as you lead, spiritually, your husbands will follow...and you will be able to share in RAISING OUR (your) CATHOLIC KIDS.

No comments:

Post a Comment