Pages

Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Happy Anniversary!

8 years ago today I married the hardest working and most caring man I know. He is the standard to which all other boyfriends and husbands are judged in my family. You will often hear members of my family say I hope your step sisters and cousins find a "Chad" one day. He loves this family so much and gives everything he has to us. He truly lives out the meaning of the word Sacrifice.

We were married 8 years ago in the Catholic Church at the whopping age of 22. We thought we were so old. Now that seems like just a baby. I can honestly say at the time I didn't truly understand the meaning of a Christian marriage or why we needed to be married in the church. I was after all a Methodist at the time and wanted to get married in my own church. I will forever be grateful to Chad's mom for persuading us to get married in the church and to have a sacramental marriage. I now realize that vast amount of Grace that comes from this sacrament. The beauty of the sacraments is even if you don't know what is happening at the time God is still working in your life.

We have learned so much throughout the years about Christian marriage and how God intends for this beautiful sacrament to be lived out. We recently went to a Marriage retreat at the local church and had our vows renewed. It was pretty cute afterwards we had a little wedding reception with a DJ and wedding cake. :) We also heard an amazing couple speak!! Their names are Greg and Julie Alexander. They have an amazing story of being lost in marriage and wanted it to end, then suddenly realizing God's love in their marriage. They both committed adultery and were begging the priest for a divorce when they had this realization. They now have 7 kids ranging in age from 24 years old to 20 months old! The book is called Marriage 911- How God Saved Our Marriage and He can Save Yours Too. I absolutely LOVED reading this book. Even if your marriage is not in crisis or you are not even married yet I recommend reading this book. One of the topics that they discuss is how no one teaches you to be married you just get married and hope everything works out for the best. They had to learn the hard way 10 years later what marriage should be. I believe this is a great book for singles, dating and engaged couples to read BEFORE they get married.

They also provide marriage counseling in San Antonio and other areas of the country. Check it out their website for the book or info about their counseling or radio programs.

http://www.thealexanderhouse.org/

Happy Anniversary love of my life!! I made him a fun Pinterest inspired anniversary gift. I will post it tomorrow after I give it to him. It is still a secret!!!

2 comments:

  1. Megan! LOVE your blog! :) Can't wait to keep reading because I want to see all the amazing/fun Christ centered things you do with your adorable little family!

    PS-happy anny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete