Pages

Monday, July 23, 2012

Who knew this would be so hard?


I have two of the most amazing little girls. Ella who is 4 1/2 and Olivia who is 3. Both girls are avid learners and love to try new things. Ella can already read at age 4. They would rather act out bible stories and pretend to be Mary than the Disney Princesses. They both love God with all their heart. They truly are amazing. Does this mean that life in our house is a piece of cake? No way Jose! I used to think when I was younger that after teaching preschool and Elementary for 12 years  for sure  parenting would be easy. I had raised hundreds of kids right? Many of them with severe behavior issues, autism, you name it. I was W-R-O-N-G! No matter how much experience I had working with children it is SO much harder with my own! The good news is if I take them to VBS, school or a play group people say how wonderful and sweet they are. So it seems I get the best of their little behavior. Well if they are going to be good somewhere I guess I would rather it be for other people, right? For me though it is a different story. So I have started a new system with them, one that I use in my classroom and it is working. Stay tuned to hear all about it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment